Ingredients at a glance:
– 1 yellow onion, diced
– 2 bunches Leek, cleaned, trimmed and sliced
– 3 cloves Garlic, minced
– Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
– 6 Egg Whites (and whole eggs, 1 per person being served)
– Splash of Milk
– Dill sprigs (for garnish)
1) Preheat your oven to 425
2) In a pan, sautee’ 1 onion about 5 minutes
3) Add 2 bunches leek (this amounts to 6 stalks) that have been thoroughly cleaned, trimmed and sliced – sautee’ until the leek have wilted
4) Add 2-3 cloves garlic and sautee’ 2 minutes more – Add salt and black pepper and set aside
5) In a large bowl whisk 6 egg whites and 1 additional whole egg per person being served.
Add a splash of milk to this and keep whisking.
Add your sauteed leek mixture slowly while whisking (not all at once since the hot leeks could scramble the eggs in the bowl) and add a bit more salt and pepper to taste.
6) Heat your pan until really hot, add a drop of Olive Oil and immediately add the contents of your bowl.
The pan should sizzle.
Allow the frittata mixture to keep sizzling 2-3 minutes more (this solidifies the bottom). You’ll know its ready to be moved when the sides of the frittata can pull away from the pan easily but the top is still raw.
7) Place the pan in the hot oven on the middle or top rack and let roast an additional 10-15 minutes. The frittata is done with it is fluffy and golden on top!