👉2 tablespoons butter (or earth balance)
👉1 onion, diced
👉2 cloves garlic, minced
👉1/4 cup flour (or spelt) **Substitute matzah meal or potato starch for Passover
👉2 cups fat free milk
👉1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
👉salt and pepper
👉1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
👉1/4 cheddar cheese
👉3 slices bread of choice **Substitute matzah on Passover
👉2 tablespoons Parmesean cheese
*Optional: 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary or thyme
1. In a saucepan, sautee 1 diced onion in 2 TB earth balance (or butter) until translucent…….add 2 cloves garlic (minced) and sautee 1 minute more
2. Add 1/4 cup of flour to the pan (I used spelt) and mix well, letting the flour absorb the liquids in the pan. Mix constantly about 3-4 minutes
3. Add SLOWLY 2 cups fat free milk, mixing well each time until the flour absorbs it.
4. After all the milk has been added and evenly whisked, Add the florets of 1 cauliflower (try cutting them into even chunks), add salt and pepper to taste and 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard – mix well! Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer 5 min.
5. After 5 minutes, add 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (I used daiya vegan cheddar) and mix, then immediately pour into a baking dish
6. Pulse in a food processor: 3 slices bread of choice (I used Whole Grain Superseed) with 2 tablespoons grated Parmesean cheese – mixture should look like coarse bread crumbs——spread this over the top of the cauliflower
7. Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven 25 minutes, then uncover for another 20 min.
SERVE HOT & ENJOY!