Have you ever drooled over those griddles at the mall where they’re sautéing peppers and onions with massive slices of steak? And secretly cried because they’re never kosher and probably not healthy…..So you can’t have any? No? Well I did! And I’m not ashamed! But not anymore!
For this gorgeousness you will need:
– 2lb Pepper Steak, thinly sliced
– 1 large yellow Onion, sliced
– 1 large Red Bell Pepper, sliced
– 1 large Yellow Bell Pepper, sliced
– 1 large Orange Bell Pepper, sliced
– 1 small Green Bell Pepper, sliced
– 3 cloves Garlic, minced
– 4 Tablespoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce
– 3 Tablespoons Sugar Free Apricot Jelly
– 1 teaspoon ground Ginger OR 1 Tablespoon fresh Ginger
– 1/2 teaspoon Chili Flakes
– Black Pepper, to taste
Instructions are simple!
1) On a grill/grill or even in a skillet, sautée the Pepper Steak and Onions, mixing periodically so the steaks don’t stick. Once the onions are translucent….
2) Add the peppers and mix!
3) When the peppers have wilted a bit add the remaining ingredients and mix well!
I allowed my Pepper Steak to cook over the open grill/griddle for about 5 minutes after this because I like medium doneness and my veggies al dente HOWEVER you can cover and allow this to simmer 15 minutes for a “well done” finish!
Serve over rice or quinoa and garnish with scallions and sesame seeds!
Or just devour it off the grill like my son and I couldn’t resist doing ☺️ ENJOY!! 💋💋